Choose a Provider
Selecting the Right Home Care Agency:
Educating yourself about the home care industry is the best way to determine which agency is right for you or a loved one. The questions below can assist you in choosing the right home care agency.
- Will the agency agree that you and/or your loved one can interview caregivers until you find the one that is right for you?
- Does the agency offer any specialized programs that cater to the needs of you or your loved ones?
- Do they provide transportation for errands, appointments and shopping?
- Does the agency have policies and procedures in place to guarantee your personal health information (PHI) is protected and private?
- Is the agency led by experienced healthcare professionals?
- Does the agency perform detailed background checks and drug tests on all employees?
- Do all caregivers receive at least 5 hours of Orientation and Training by qualified individuals?
- Does the agency maintain appropriate insurance policies including, but not limited to: Workers’ Compensation, General Liability, and Professional Liability?
- Does the agency guarantee a visit by a skilled home care professional within 24 hours of receiving a referral?
- Does the agency perform on-site visits to introduce the caregiver at the beginning of care and periodic onsite visits to ensure that the quality of care is maintained?
- Do they have a skilled home care professional on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer questions?
- Does the agency have procedures in place in case of emergencies?
- Do they cover a wide geographic area?