Choose a Provider
Selecting the Right Home Health Agency:
Educating yourself about the home healthcare industry is the best way to determine which agency is right for you or a loved one. The questions below can assist you in choosing the right home healthcare agency.
- Does the agency guarantee a visit by a licensed healthcare professional within 24 hours of receiving a referral?
- Does the agency assign supervisors to oversee the quality of care provided to each patient?
- Does the agency care for patients that require complicated and complex treatment protocols?
- Do they offer specialized behavioral health services?
- Is the agency led by experienced healthcare professionals?
- Is the agency Medicare certified?
- Do they have a healthcare professional on-duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week (not an answering service) to answer all of your questions?
- Does the agency have procedures in place in case of emergencies?
- Do they cover a wide geographic area?
- Do they offer all disciplines included in home health benefits? (Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Medical Social Work, and Certified Home Health Aides)
- Does the agency offer any specialized programs that address your particular disease state or the surgical procedure you have just have just undergone or are planning to undergo?