8 years, 2 months ago
It’s never easy to think about end of life care. The majority of us live our lives thinking about living, not dying. However, it’s important to plan for the future to ease the stress and anxiety for everyone involved. The last months, weeks and days of life can be upsetting and tremendously stressful for both the patient and family. Hospice care can provide comfort and stress relief for all involved. There are often misconceptions that hospice care is not affordable, but it is often covered by Medicare and many other forms of health insurance. We encourage you to explore the benefits available, and keep these 10 questions in mind when choosing a hospice program that is right for you.
1. Does the hospice agency offer alternative treatment approaches to managing pain?
2. Does the agency guarantee a visit by a licensed healthcare professional within 2 hours of receiving a referral?
3. Does the hospice provide 100% attention during the first 48 hours of admission?
4. Does the hospice agency help to reduce the family’s fear of loss?
5. Is the agency lead by experienced healthcare professionals?
6. Is the agency Medicare certified?
7. Does the agency assign a supervisor to oversee the quality of care provided to each patient?
8. Do they have a healthcare professional available 24 hours a day, seven days a week?
9. Does the agency have procedures in place in case of emergencies?
10. Do they offer a variety of treatment approaches to accommodate the needs of a variety of patients?
If you have additional questions regarding Hospice services, head to Mission Hospice.
Mission Hospice is CHAP Accredited. CHAP Accreditation demonstrates that Mission Healthcare meets the industry’s highest nationally recognized standards. Rigorous evaluation by CHAP focuses on structure and function, quality of services and products, human and financial resources and long term viability.
Mission is a clinically owned and operated organization whose services include Mission Home Health, Mission Hospice, and Mission Home Care. By providing these three service lines, Mission Healthcare strives to have a positive impact on the lives of patients, their families, and their healthcare partners no matter what their needs may be. Mission utilizes all available resources to provide the highest level of care possible to their patients, all while in the optimal healing environment, the home.Share on Twitter Share on Facebook