Skip to main content
"How Do I Select a Hospice Agency?"
Educating yourself about the hospice industry is the best way to determine which agency is right for you or a loved one. The questions below can assist you in choosing the right hospice agency.
- Does the hospice agency offer alternative treatment approaches to managing pain?
- Does the agency guarantee a visit by a licensed healthcare professional within 24 hours of receiving a referral?
- Does the hospice provide 100 % attention during the first 48 hours of admission?
- Does the hospice agency help to reduce the family’s fear of loss?
- Is the agency lead by experienced healthcare professionals?
- Is the agency Medicare-Certified?
- Does the agency have any nationally recognized accreditations?
- Does the agency assign a supervisor to oversee the quality of care provided to each patient?
- Do they have a healthcare professional available 24 hours a day, seven days a week?
- Does the agency have procedures in place in case of emergencies?
- Do they cover a wide geographic area?
- Do they offer a variety of treatment approaches to accommodate the needs of a variety of patients?